These Terms of Services represent terms of Chunghwa Post Co., Ltd.'s LINE Official Account services and are duly enacted by Chunghwa Post Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as either the Company or Chunghwa Post, as appropriate under the circumstances) in concert with the users of these Services regarding any and all sorts of services, functions and activities to be provided by or under the auspices of the Chunghwa Post through the “LINE Official Account of Chunghwa Post Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Official Account”).
- I. A user is not required to provide his or her personal information when he or she simply browses the services and information provided through the “Official Account”. Unless a user keeps Chunghwa Post informed in advance, under no circumstances shall Chunghwa Post obtain a user's personal information without such user's awareness.
- II. Where Chunghwa Post engages in postal services, banking, life insurance, agency services and other business operations consistent with the registered business lines or as officially entered into the Articles of Incorporation in case of a particular circumstance to render a user with an individualized or customized services, Chunghwa Post might call for collection, processing & use of personal information in such categories, i.e., category of identification, category of characteristics, category of social circumstances, category of finance in details and the like. In such a moment, Chunghwa Post will keep the target users informed beforehand of the categories of the very purposes of collection, duration, venue, counterparts, and methods of personal information collection.
- III. Upon collection, processing & use of personal information in the category of identification (e.g., names, addresses), Chunghwa Post definitely assures absolute respect of the rights and interests of a user and faithfully complies with the provisions set forth under the “Personal Information Protection Act” of the Republic of China.
- IV. Exactly in accordance with the provisions set forth under the Personal Information Protection Act, a user is entitled to request Chunghwa Post's Customer Service Center or any business window to exercise his or her rights and interests as enumerated below regarding the provided personal information:
(I)Such right to make an inquiry of and to review his or her personal information.
(II)Such right to request production a duplicate copy of his or her personal information.
(III)Such right to request supplementation or correction of his or her personal information.
(IV)Such right to request discontinuity from collection, processing and use of his or her personal information.
(V)Such right to request deletion of his or her personal information.
- V. A user is entitled to, at his or her free discretion, choose to either provide or not provide his or her personal information. Once he or she chooses not to provide his or her personal information or he or she provides inadequate personal information, Chunghwa Post will become unable to engage in the business operation as necessary and, in turn, unable to provide the relevant services.
- VI. In a case where a user is a minor or is one under statutory guardianship, the contents of these Terms shall be read, understood and consented in full through his or her statutory agent (or statutory guardian). In a case where such a user continually uses services provided by Chunghwa Post, the statutory agent (or statutory guardian) of that user shall be interpreted as having duly read, understood and consented to the entire contents of these Terms in full.
- VII. Whenever Chunghwa Post notices that a user account has been fraudulently used, used for an illegal purpose, used with an act to adversely affect another's rights and interests or used with any sort of fraudulent practice(s), Chunghwa Post is entitled to discontinue provision of services or to even block that user account forthwith.
- VIII. The server of the “Official Account” automatically records the web page(s) clicked by a user as well as the domain name from which the user comes from, which shall function only as a very base for Chunghwa Post to upgrade the contents and system, communications with messages as well as evaluation of the advertising effectiveness. All such acts conducted by Chunghwa Post will not involve the use of any information regarding the identity of a user and will only be used for interior reference within Chunghwa Post for the sole purpose.
- IX. All content elements on display with and/or downloadable through these Services, including but not limited to photographs, images, texts, titles, videos, audio files, digital files and software (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Contents of Audit”) and all sorts of characteristics on the Services, including but not limited to Chunghwa Post's trademarks and logos, designs of the present Services, exterior appearance in commerce, badges, web pages, audio and/or video materials, text, information, data, software, data editing, digital downloads, icons, html program codes, xml program codes as well as all sorts of products and services obtained through these Services (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Elements” in concert with the “Contents of Audit”) are properties exclusively owned by Chunghwa Post and/or the licensees thereof. The “Elements” are firmly protected under the laws prevalent domestically within the Republic of China, including copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights related laws. An act taken by a user to access or download the “Contents of Audit” (disregarding whether such access or download has been duly licensed) does not at all transfer the relevant rights, qualifications or interests in any of the “Contents of Audit” or any intellectual property rights contained in the “Contents of Audit”. All such relevant rights, qualifications or interests contained in or relevant to any of the “Contents of Audit” represent the properties exclusively owned by Chunghwa Post and/or the licensees thereof. Unless expressly provided under these Terms, under no circumstances shall any of the “Contents of Audit” be put into use, duplicated, displayed, transmitted or developed into use in any other methods. Chunghwa Post hereby expressly declares to reserve all sorts of rights linked up with these Services even if they are not expressly licensed or authorized under these Terms.
- X. In an attempt to safeguard the rights and interests of Chunghwa Post and the licensees thereof, electronic measures may be used in the “Contents of Audit” to securely protect these Services and Elements. All users shall assure in full that under no circumstances shall they circumvent, interfere with, invalidate or adversely affect such measures nor shall they harbor an intent into any of the aforementioned act(s).
- XI. In an event where a user intends to produce a photocopy or a replica of the “Contents of Audit” for personal or nonprofit purposes, he or she is only permitted to take such act(s) within the scope of applicable laws and ordinances concerned. In such an event, meanwhile, such a user shall not remove or cause to remove any copyright(s), trademark(s), watermark(s) or other declaration(s), image(s) or image mark(s) involving other rights.
- XII. Without a need to serve a notice to users beforehand, Chunghwa Post is entitled to amend any part(s) of these Terms. An amended Term shall come into effect at the very moment upon being promulgated into a website operated by Chunghwa Post. An act of a user to continually use the post-amendment Term(s) shall be deemed as that such user (including his or her statutory agent and statutory guardian) has effectively and irrevocably agreed to the post-amendment Term(s). Where Chunghwa Post does not take the initiative to keep users individually of the contents involved in an amendment, all users are earnestly advised to closely watch the up-to-date version of these Terms before using the Services.