Go to Content Area

Banking ServicesDomestic Remittances

Last updated:2019/08/02 Print

How can I redeem a postal money order that has been lost?

When a postal money order has been lost or stolen, the remitter or payee may bring his or her national ID card, seal, and original remittance receipt to a post office to perform loss reporting procedures. Money orders of less than NT$100,000 may be reported lost and redeemed at the same time, but money orders exceeding NT$100,000 may be redeemed only after a guarantor has been found and checked.

How do I cancel a remittance entering an account?

After an incoming remittance has been entered into the payee's account, the remittance may not be canceled. To cancel an erroneous remittance, the issue must be taken up directly with the payee.

When a remittance account is suspected of being fraudulent, but a court decision would be too slow to be of use, how can I block and cancel a remittance?

1.When a remitter wishes to cancel remittances due to suspected fraud, please bring a
   relevant court decision to a post office to perform cancellation.

2. If the circumstances are urgent, please bring the original remittance receipt, remitter's
    national ID card (attach 1 photocopy), proof of reporting a case to the police, and an
    affidavit to the post office where the remittance was originally made. After the remittance
    department has confirmed that the receiving account was indeed opened in a false name,
    and the remittance has not yet been redeemed, it shall mail a report to the Post Office
    Investigation Office, and the remittance department shall notify the remitter to bring his
    or her national ID card and seal to perform refund redemption procedures.

When performing a remittance transaction with a value of over NT$500,000 (inclusive) at a post office on behalf of a family member or company (including incoming remittances, interbank remittances, purchase or redemption of a postal money order, or purchase or redemption of a postal gift coupon), if the family member or company has not opened a savings account at this company, what verifying documents should I present?

1.Individual accounts: ID documents of the principal and agent, and verification of the
   entrusted matters.

2.Non-individual account: Relevant registration certificate of the corporate person or
   organization or filing verification document (such as company establishment on change
   registration form), corporate articles of incorporation, business address, list of
   shareholders/ investors, identity of the actual beneficiaries (natural person
   shareholders/investors holding over 25% of the corporate entity's shares or capital,
   or other persons with controlling rights), agent's ID document, and proof of
   entrusted matters.

3.The foregoing proof of entrusted matters refers to a letter of appointment or letter of
   authorization presented by the agent or entrusted person.

To above the question,what documents must I present if the family member or company has opened an account at this company?

The agent need only present his or her ID document.